Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possible drive issues causing blue screen crashing

• Please log in to reply

Zelkin

Zelkin

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Every once in a while... maybe two to three times a day my comp pop up with this blue screen and white letters. It says something about driver issues causing a fatal error.

It even gives me some kind of adress for the issue like 0Fx0000031 or something and at the bottom of the page it says, dumping to memory, and has a ticker running for every second the screen is up. Another thing is the last half a second of noise that the speakers played is irritatingly repeated until the laptop shuts itself down.

The consistancy of what is on the screen tends to change every third time in length. Sometimes it shows one adress other times it shows three.

It says something about rolling back a drive if the problem persists but I have no drive to roll back to.

This problem has existed for as long as this Dell latitude laptop has been within these walls. It runs on XP and has a pentium 3 processor.

Anything else that is needed to be provided or ran for evaluation of the problem can be given. All I know is I'm close to surrendering it to a hammer. :whistling:

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,385 posts

. It says something about driver issues causing a fatal error.

It even gives me some kind of adress for the issue like 0Fx0000031 or something

Hi Zelkin
Sorry But error messages like OFx00000031 or something won't help us help you.
You have to give the exact error message. That one you have given comes up blank.
Cheers
Peterm

Zelkin

Zelkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Ok. So I decided to try and update my webroot spy sweeper and sure enough it happens again. This time I was ready with my cell and recorded all things important verbally. Heres how it goes and mind you some things may be missing but the only things I skipped were suggestions made that have already been attempted:

If problems continue disable or remove any new or installed hardware. Disable BIOS memory option such as cacheing or shadowing.

Run the drive verifier against any new or suspect drivers. This should reveal the corrupt driver earlier on in the corruption so the offending driver can be identifyed.

Technical information: Stop 0x0000000c5 ( 0x000000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8054ae34 )

Driver Beginning dump of physical memory: (then it counts up to some number between 99 and 130 always varying)

Basically everything above the technical information numbers usually says the same with little or no variance, such as an additional paragraph again saying the same thing about starting in safe mode.

Normally its the same numbers in the technical information but it has changed every so often.

This help any? :whistling: :blink:

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,385 posts
In my sig there is a link to tune up trial please down load this program
go to the second tab and run disc cleanup and registry clean up.
Then run the registry defrag on the optimize tab.

Zelkin

Zelkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
This is the fourth time I've tried to post this so lets see.

While running the disc clean up program i got the out of resources pop up 4 times, but it kept going as if it was fine.

I won't even begin to tell you that there were a total of errors over the number of 500. All of which eventually got fixed through the second program involving the registery.

And finally while this made my system a bit faster and smoother..... it also has increased the occurances from 3 a week to 4 so far today.

Now I'm just confused. Also. The blue screen keeps popping up with all new numbers but never staying up long enough to record any of them. the only one i can remember off hand because it wasn't numbers and letters mixed was 0x00000000

So................ now what do you recomend?

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Theres not too much information on your stop error
However i may have something.

you may have a bad sound card
you should do a memtest post it

it will give viewers and moderators
a good glimpse of whats going on inside

heres the download and post summary

http://www.filehippo...d_everest_home/

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,385 posts
Hi Zelkin
Please go to Start>control panel>double click on system > Hardware tab>device manager. are there any red X or yellow ? showing.
Peterm

Zelkin

Zelkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Hi Zelkin
Please go to Start>control panel>double click on system > Hardware tab>device manager. are there any red X or yellow ? showing.
Peterm

No x's or ?'s showing.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,385 posts
Hi Zelkin
Lets try the computer in safe mode.
When you start the computer start tapping F8.
This will give a list of start up options. Choose safe mode.
If you need to hook to the internet with this computer then safe mode with network connection.

Zelkin

Zelkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
What do i do once in safe mode?

Advertisements

Zelkin

Zelkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Theres not too much information on your stop error
However i may have something.

you may have a bad sound card
you should do a memtest post it

it will give viewers and moderators
a good glimpse of whats going on inside

heres the download and post summary

http://www.filehippo...d_everest_home/

I looked for memtest and it didnt show any upstraight so guide me through how to acquire and post a memtest.

Zelkin

Zelkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Here is all my system specs as pulled up by everest if it helps any.

Attached Files

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,385 posts
Hi Zelkin
The idea of safe mode is to run the computer and see if you get the errors
or does it run fine and you have no error messages.

Zelkin

Zelkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Hi Zelkin
The idea of safe mode is to run the computer and see if you get the errors
or does it run fine and you have no error messages.

Its agravating. Since your last post I have run my laptop in safe mode with networking enabled with no problems what so ever. Just today I ran it in normal mode because safe mode has turned off or done something to my audio mixer so I cannot hear anything that isn't on my computer (youtube for example)

So after a long day in normal mode it finall crashes giving me the same stop adresses as before....... except i noticed one extra thing that I know o've passed up in the past.

Beneath all the paragraphs it reads:

** then after this is the usual stop error sign i posted before..... but at the bottom of the screen it says:

*** win32k.sys - adress BF805BC6 AT BF800000, DATESTAMP 43446a58

This help any? Because it seems to be a problem with the win32k.sys thing....... then again I AM just ignorant.

Zelkin

Zelkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I just got the same messages during start up accept a new one was at the top. It read:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL