Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Doesnt detect any USB sticks

• Please log in to reply

Sphereuk

Sphereuk

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hey, well as the title suggest i am unable to access any USB stick. I have just recently fixed my computer from the help of another guy on here but he suggest i post here. So anyone have any ideas?

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Sphereuk...

Right click "My Computer" and choose "Properties".. Under the "Hardware" tab, click on the "Device Manager". Look to the bottom of the list of devices...are there any yellow ! of ? displayed next to any of the USB entries?

wannabe1

Sphereuk

Sphereuk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Nope everything is normal.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hmmm....

Let's take a look at the power available at the ports. From Device Manager, expand (click +) Universal Serial Bus Controllers, right click on each of the listed USB Root Hubs, choose "Properties", and click the "Power" tab.

What is listed as available power for each of the hubs? It should show 500 mA. Is this what you find?

Sphereuk

Sphereuk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
yep they all have 500ma

Oh does it help that when i right click My Computer and click manage the USB stick is shown?

Edited by Sphereuk, 26 September 2006 - 07:16 AM.