Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Webcam specifications..

• Please log in to reply

loui1410

loui1410

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I saw this webcam, A4Tech PK636MA, at my friend's house and it has a nice quality. In the specifications, it's written that it takes photos at 1.3mega pixels, but has 350k at CMOS 640X480 (I don't understand what that means, but I guess it's the number of pixels during a video convo.?)

Anyway, in this webcam's specifications, V-Gear TalkCam1.1, it's written that it has 350k. The question is: is this webcam's 350k is equal to the 1st camera where it also has 350k? Or are they talking about taking regular photos (whereas the 1st one has 1.3 mega pixels)??? If the first-mentioned option is right, then what is the number of pixels when taking regular photos in the second webcam (comparing to the 1.3 mega in the first webcam)?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by loui1410, 21 September 2006 - 09:13 AM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The first one (the A4Tech) has a maximum video size of 640 x 480 pixels which adds up to a total of roughly 350k pixels. But it can also be used like a still digital camera when it can take a much better quality pic of 1.3 Megapixels.

The second one however (the V-Gear), although having the same video quality (maximum size 640 x 480 which again adds up to roughly 350k pixels) cannot take a still picture at higher quality -- it will only be 350k pixels same as the video mode.

loui1410

loui1410

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Thanks a lot.. it was very helpful!