Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laser Printer Sreaking

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

This is an HP Laserjet 1200. We've had it for a while. The pages have four or five streaks, about two inches apart from one another, all down the page. They appear darkest in the center of the page and fade to a distant gray at the papers edge.

Am I correct to assume this is the fuser?

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
The fuser heats the toner to make it melt into the paper, so chances are that it would not be that. Most likely it is the drum, which often is part of the toner cartridge.

Was there a paper jam that someone cleared in a not so good manner?

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Kemasa:

No, no paper jam. She put a new cartridge in a few days ago and said it started streaking soon thereafter.

Thanks for the help thus far. Sounds like I'll have to change out the toner cartridge, right?

Thanks,

Magus

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
Based on what you said, I would try replacing the cartridge. If you have the old and there is still some toner in it, you could try that. Sometimes shaking the toner cartridge a bit can help to get more life out of it as it helps to distribute the toner that remains in it.

It sounds like the replacement cartridge is defective, so you might contact where you got it from and see if they will replace it.