Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Laptop Freezes when I move it

• Please log in to reply

~Meg~

~Meg~

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Unless I move it very gently, my Compaq Presario 2195US Laptop freezes when I move it. Can any of you offer an explanation for this? TIA!

-Meg

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
That's bazaar... When did this start? Have you made any changes to your system recently?

~Meg~

~Meg~

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Nope, no recent changes. I'm thinking there must be loose connection but I don't know where or to what. I've opened up the laptop and couldn't find anything that was obviously loose. It is very strange.

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
I would tend to agree with you. If your comfortable with a screwdriver you can open the covers on the bottom of most laptops and make sure the connection for the items there are solid and tight. Pay close attention to the RAM modules. they should be flat in the compartment with very little give to touch (don' t push to hard). If the hard drive is removable, remove it and re-seat it. Same with the optical drive. Put it all back together and see if the helped. Is this machine still in warranty? Check with the manufacturer first if it is.