Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Click To DVD is Crashing

• Please log in to reply

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Hello. Here's my issue. I have SONY VAIO PCV-RZ50CG. When I run Click To DVD program to create DVDs, it runs fine with files and such. But if I try to capture analog video from my SONY Handycam Vision CCD-TRV65 NTSC camera, I get the message that GPVSvr.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. I tried to detach network cable from my Netgear, and turning off antivirus and firewall. It doesnt work. Something is in conflict and I don't know what to do. Please help me. Also, it started to happen recently. Before I used to be able to create DVD by capturing stuff from this camera.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

https://e-support.va...lJSP/Portal.jsp

Our e-Support Team will treat your questions as soon as possible on working days between 8 AM and 6 PM.

4 AM - 1 PM US

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
:whistling: I have difficulty registering with them. Can you please :blink: me with this issue. Thank you.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Which Country are you in

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
USA

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you ask them which site to use, the Europe site wants the serial number for some of it and they do not have a USA specific site for Vaio

Click2DVD is only supplied with a PC, they don't seem to sell it on its own

https://www.css.ap.s...l/emailus2.aspx

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Here's what I came up with

http://kb.sony-europ...B...lick to dvd

and this http://www.sonicjapa...pdate2_enu.html

I did run an update and did not try afterwards. So I am not sure if it helped. However, I am certain that there is some kind of conflict, very possibly between clicktodvd and windows media center.

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Ok it did not work with update either. What else can I do? I don't suppose re-installing will fix it?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you have the set up files for it, then yes

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
It did not help. Everytime I try to capture from my camcorder I get GPVSVR.EXE crash. I did reinstall SONY VAIO server, and it did not help. I am 98% positive that this is a software conflict. I just don't know what. I am attaching the errors.

Edited by bigdog1100, 26 September 2006 - 07:51 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is the file where it should be

Description: File GPVSvr.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files". Known file sizes on Windows XP are 1286144 bytes (45% of all occurrence), 167936 bytes, 942080 bytes, 1277952 bytes, 966656 bytes.
The program has no visible window. File GPVSvr.exe is not a Windows system file. The program listens for or sends data on open ports to LAN or Internet. Therefore the technical security rating is 53% dangerous.

Important: Some malware camouflage themselves as GPVSvr.exe, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check the GPVSvr.exe process on your pc whether it is pest.

BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I too am having this same problem... Windows Media Center 2005 with all updates, ran for a year like a champ but I never tried to analog capture before.

Been trying all day and I get the same error... I consider myself pretty techno-savvy but no luck with this.

Danak2002

Danak2002

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:whistling:
Did anyone ever get a response to possible fixes?

I'm having the same problem - keep getting the error message that TV tuner is in use by another program. I contacted Sony support, but they first told me to install a patch to the TV Tuner library, then after that didn't work, they told me to reinstall the program.

Thanks for your response to my query, but I'm still not having any luck fixing the problem - I still get the same error message saying that the TV tuner is in use.

Oddly, unlike some of the other folks with this problem, I could capture analog video as recently as a couple months ago using both Composite and S-Video connections (from my VCR and Hi-8 camcorder). I stopped for a couple of months and decided to finish migrating my analog video files, but it just stopped working.

This is where I've been so far trying to fix the problem:
- I installed the Sony TV Tuner Library Update from the Sony eSupport Web site;
- I tried re-installing the Click to DVD program from my VAIO Windows XP Media Center Edition Upgrade disk (updated the program to version 2.3);
- I then deleted the Click to DVD program and re-installed it from my disk;
- I even found upgraded version patches to 2.303 and 2.4.12 from the Sony VAIO Online weblink at http://www.css.ap.so...d.aspx?ID=36278
- I then tried re-installing the Sony TV Tuner Library Update, just to make sure, but I still get the same error message: "GPVSvr.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close," and that the TV Tuner is in use.

Can you suggest something else? This is getting pretty frustrating. I don't understand how the system could work before, but no today. It may be something with Microsoft updates causing a conflict, but I would assume that Sony Support would be aware of the problem.

Thanks again, for any and all help.

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hi,

hopefully you have this resolved by now, however if you are still having issues and suspect that it is malware related I would start with our malware forum and see if they can make sure you don't have any malware installed.

post any hjt logs in the malware forum.

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

cheers...xxx1

Danak2002

Danak2002

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:whistling:
XXX1,
Thanks for the lead, but what would I use to see if my GPVSvr.exe file is corrupt?

I use Norton Internet Security and XoftCopy (anti-spyware) to help keep my system safe, but I guess it's always possible that something could have slipped in.

Sony Support sent another link - to use Sony MPEG Realtime Encoder Board Driver, Version 1.1.03.09091 for the Microsoft Windows XP Operating System from their support site at
http://esupport.sony...l...51&os_id=16

but, after rebooting I still have the same error message.

Thanks for any and all help.