Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Click To DVD is Crashing

• Please log in to reply

Danak2002

Danak2002

• Pip
  • 4 posts
xxx1,
Thanks for the info. I used your advice to scan my system for malware and found a trojan: Alanchum.pv.

Couldn't find anything about it, but found a discription on Net-Security regarding Alanchum.NX (desciption from the website is included below). I assume it's the same thing. Pretty amazing - after several scans only Panda Activescan picked it up.

However, I STILL can't get CLICK to DVD to capture my analog video - get the same error message.

Anyone have any other ideas?

http://www.net-secur...news.php?id=740

Week in review: Alanchum.NX
Posted on 26.01.2007

Alanchum.NX is a downloader Trojan which is downloaded onto computers by the Gagar.CG Trojan. Like all downloader malware, it is capable of downloading files from the Internet, installing and running them on the affected computer. Alanchum.NX can download its own updates in order to spread new variants. This Trojan steals email addresses stored on infected computers in order to spam them and also sends them to other compromised computers to do the same. This results in a significant increase in network traffic with the corresponding resource wastage. Each update is programmed to change the subject of the messages it sends, using subjects such as “Fidel Castro Dead” “Hugo Chávez dead” or “Sadam Hussein Alive” to tempt users into opening them.

Some Alanchum.NX variants have rootkit features developed to conceal the processes the Trojan executes on the computer and making it more difficult to detect. Panda Software’s TruPreventTM Technologies however, detected Alanchum.NX and its variants from the outset.

Advertisements

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hi,

could you post a hjt log in the malware forum, here is a guide on how to do that - http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html please read and follow the instructions on how to do that before posting.

cheers...xxx1

onevoice

onevoice

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am no techie, but this how things went for me 1-23-07 with Sony. I have Windows XP Media Center. Sony Pcv RZ 50 CG.

My problem is not the same as yours, but maybe my info will help.
Problem: ClickToDvd would freeze up when it came to writing DVD. I think it was 3 0f 6 and then it stopped. Cannot create the DVD image image becasue of an error. The DVD image will not be written to disc.

Fix #1
I got my system back in 2004; 3 Sony ClickToDVD updates for my system. After hours with different tech people the "fix" was to create a new FOLDER with all the updates, and then execute updates in sequence. Did not work.

I had my Norton Security turned off. They recommend always having Norton off when working Creating DVD with this program. I do turn Norton off.

Fix #2
After being bumped to higher Sony Help, I was told to uninstall? delete? not sure what is accurate term...Micrososft Security Update KB924191 (the last update was to fix this but not for me.) After uninstalling/deleting the Microsoft Update, I was able to edit and burn DVDs again.

I asked if there was an upgraded version of ClickToDVD and they said NO. (I would be willing to PAY for an upgraded version that WORKS.)

I WAS able to burn a couple DVDs and now the program has locked up again as of yesterday. My other projects do "create" and burn OK. I guess I will have to go back and recapture and re-edit and then try again when I have time in a few weeks. These were some Recorded TV files. My latest project is over 1 hour long, but not as long as some other projects which did edit and burn just fine.

When ClickToDVD works, it is great. ClickToDVD was the WHOLE REASON I bought this system. It has been quite a frustration over YEARS.

I have other files besides my taped TV programs I would like to burn on to DVDs I can play in my DVD Player. Avi, wmv, mov, mpg, mp4, m4a. IF ANYONE HAS SUGGESTIONS FOR OTHER PROGRAMS >>PLEASE POST ON THIS THREAD!

Eventually I want archive my analog Camcorder Files. I can't even think how involved that will be since my "easy" Recorded TV DVDs have taken so many HOURS. (I have TONS of Free Space on my system. It is not a space problem. 103 GB of free space on the ClickToDVD drive.

It is very disappointing that a Microsoft Security Update effected this program so dramatically.

Meanwhile, I hope my story gives someone other options in trying to fix their probs. Good Luck to all!

Edited by onevoice, 22 February 2007 - 02:53 PM.

jksNP

jksNP

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello. Although it's been some time since the last reply to this issue, I also have recently encountered this problem with Click-to-DVD. I'm using a SONY VAIO Model PCV-RZ56G computer. When attempting to upload video from a Camcorder (S-video), GPVSvr.exe error occurs and the VAIO Media Video Server is stopped. I was very disappointed this feature no longer worked, since being able to upload video from the camcorder represented a large part of my initial reasoning for purchasing this SONY computer. If anyone has found an easy solution for this, I would appreciate knowing. I have found a work around, but it is somewhat cumbersome and not really an ideal long term solution.

The work around involves attaching a VCR to the computer and the SONY Handycam camcorder to the VCR. In this way the signal (S-video cable) from the camcorder is sent to the VCR and the signal from VCR is sent to the VAIO via a cable attached to the VAIO cable TV input. If one has a TV signal going to the computer, detach the cable and attach it to the VCR cable in, then attach another cable from the VCR cable out to the back of the computer. After doing this, turn on the VCR, set the station to channel 4 and you will then need to re-establish the TV signal to the Media Center. Click on the Media Center icon and select "Settings", then select "TV". Select "TV Signal Setup" and click yes to the message ("Changing these settings will affect any TV recording that is currently in progress or scheduled to start... Do you want to continue?"). Click Next and select appropriate TV service (for me its cable) and click Next. The following menu asks if you have a "Set-top Box?". For this I have selected Yes. Again, make sure you VCR is on. The "Prepare for Set-to Box Setup" menu asks you to turn on the box (your VCR) and I've not hooked up the IR control cable, but do have one included with the computer. Click Next and a wheel will spin and a new window should appear entitled "Choose a Work Signal". In this new window, if you have TV cable established (which you don't necessarily need) you will see the station on your PC monitor [you can change the station using your VCR station button, or alternatively if you turn on your camcorder & hit play you should see the recording – again select correct station on VCR to see camcorder – see below]. Click Next, if you've not attached the IR device it will note "Hardware Not Detected" - select Skip and Next few more times, set up the TV guide and soon the process is complete. To transmit the signal from the camcorder select it on the VCR (on my camcorder the S-video signal is selected by channel button less than 2, labeled "L").

If you now select Media Center, TV, Live TV (select channel 4 on MY TV-channel chosen earlier in setup) you should see your VCR signal. Stations can be change on the VCR and the camcorder if in play mode (select appropriate station on VCR) will transmit signal to computer. Use MY TV to record signal from the camcorder. Note that it may be erroneously named by the channel guide on MY TV as an ongoing station and program. If so, make sure to record programs long enough to capture the entire camcorder signal. Once recorded via MY TV, you can view the camcorder recording by clicking the "Recorded TV" button on MY TV. If the recording is suitable, then using Click-to-DVD select "Capture Video" and click the recorded TV button. Navigate to the recording on the server and open the file. You should now see the camcorder recording in Click-to-DVD.

Not exactly an easy solution/remedy. However it does work, and has allowed me to upload & burn to DVD precious Hi8 camcorder videos of my children.