Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet is connected, but cannot be accessed

• Please log in to reply

Purycharm

Purycharm

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi, my name is Ann. Just an hour ago something suddenly happened to my internet. The internet pages that I was on just closed for no reason. When I click on the IE icon again, the webpage connects, appears for a second and them the page just closes again. I've tried changing my homepage, restarting my computer, switching users, scanning with norton, changing my setting, nothing works! I'm pretty sure that I still have internet access since I can still access the online itunes shop through the itunes program....but the internet pages just drop off. Right now I'm using our laptop to search for help. Please help! Thanks tons and tons in advance!!!!

Also, I do have Hijackthis and a few other things on my computer (the no internet one).

Thanks,
Ann

Advertisements

Kootie

Kootie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Yeah it's happening to me too >_< is it something wrong with IE maybe?

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
If you have the Yahoo Toolbar, uninstall it in Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel.
Johanna