Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Turbo Pascal > Uses CRT = RTE 200

• Please log in to reply

Megamax

Megamax

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just installed Turbo Pascal on my sister's comp. When she makes programs without Uses CRT is runs fine. But when she uses CRT, the program compiles okay but whenever she tries to run it, it returns an error 200 or floating divide 0. However when she brings her work to other computers it runs just fine. Is there any way to solve this?

Advertisements

Althaea

Althaea

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi there!
I think you're problem can be fixed with a patch - which I no longer have - for Turbo Pascal. I used to get the 200 error too when I started programing. It has something to do the fact that the PC is to fast for the Pascal compiler.

Delphi51

Delphi51

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Check this link http://www.brain.uni...scal/runerr200/
I've got TP 5.5 and it doesn't have the problem on my computer.
I used TP for a few years myself, and with students for quite a few years after that. Amazing that it could go that long through several versions of DOS and Windows.

Kush2692

Kush2692

• Pip
  • 6 posts
hey, i had same problem :)

Edited by Kush2692, 27 February 2009 - 05:59 PM.