Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Java problem

• Please log in to reply

rollingstone24

rollingstone24

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Guys im trying to buy some tickets online for a college football game. THe only thing is that in order to buy tickets from this site, you need like a Java thingy..I think its called that..

http://www.unmticket...lockOption.aspx

Click on any ssection like ''AA'' or whatever.....anyways, in the bottom it says for me "applet not initialized"... I need to view this thing so i could buy tickets... i click on it and it's all gray.. im not a computer person, but i kinda know what java is n stuff... So does anyone know what i could do to view this thing to buy my tix!!? thanks!! I really need these tickets by tomorrow so your help is greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi rollingstone24...

First let's see if you even have Java installed. Open Control Panel and see if there is Java icon...it should look like a coffee cup? Do you have this icon?

wannabe1

rollingstone24

rollingstone24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Thanks for your help.

I sure do have the Java Icon. I have "Java" and "Java plug-in 1.3.1_04"

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Great! Double click on the icon and then click on the "Update" tab. Is the "Update Automatically" checkbox ticked? Look at the bottom of the window...when was it last updated?

rollingstone24

rollingstone24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
It just says "check for updates automatically" and that box is checked.

iT SAYS "java update was last run on 8/24/06" it doesnt realy say when it was updated. Do you want me to update it?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Yes...go ahead and update.

Then click on the "General" tab and click the "About" button. What version is installed?

Then click on the "Delete Files" button on the bottom. Check all three boxes and delete the files.

rollingstone24

rollingstone24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
I clicked the 'update' button and it didnt freeze or anything, but nothing really happened. I'm assuming it did update. It's version 1.5.0

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Ok...one more thing and you can see if you can access the ticket site.

From Control Panel, double click on the "Internet Options" icon. Click on the "Security" tab. In the top box are 4 icons. Click on the first one to select it then click on the "Custom Settings" button. Set these to match the corresponding zone in THIS GUIDE. Do this for each zone shown in the guide. "Apply" the changes and see if you can access the ticket site.

rollingstone24

rollingstone24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
[bleep] still doesn't want to work. Keeps saying "applet not initialized"

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Can you post me an untruncated link to the site. I just get network errors from the other one.

Advertisements

rollingstone24

rollingstone24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
I have no clue what 'untructated' is but ill give it my best try lol sorry.

Go to www.unmtickets.com
On the right side, go to "UNM stadium" it should be a picture of a football stadium with the UNM logo on it.. click that
Then go to "buy individual tickets"

Then under "UTEP miners" go to "click here to choose your exact seat"

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
You Don't see this?
stad.png

rollingstone24

rollingstone24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Yeah i see that. I click the section im looking for which is "AA" OR "BB" ..and then it takes me to a gray square that doesnt want to open............. which is why im here.

rollingstone24

rollingstone24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
I do notice that at the bottom of the window.. I mean in the very bottom...where it says "internet"... it's got a little picture of a lock

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Have you tried it with Firefox? It just opened fine for me using that. I'll try IE, too.