Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Access Windows Update & Some Sites

• Please log in to reply

azpaige

azpaige

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Yeah that works still, but has changed on me at times. And it loads really slow compared to other pages. But still can't get to messenger or hotmail, off that page.

Advertisements

azpaige

azpaige

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Still stuck, any ideas?

Thanks

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If this gives you hotmail you can add it to your favourites

http://login.live.co.....HMAENUK/14029

azpaige

azpaige

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
That doesn't work. When I click on it, the address changes to...

http://login.live.co.....HMAENUK/14029

and then never loads up.

Even typing that into my address bar doesn't work

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please follow the procedures outlined here: Malware Removal Guide

You will need a PC which can connect to the internet

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, please ask for advice in the Malware Forum

azpaige

azpaige

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ok, no worries I'll give that a go

azpaige

azpaige

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hopefully this is my last post....but have resolved my problem, and after 2 days now seems to going ok. I had to ring my ISP and find out what was going on...any way I had to run a program, some sort of TCP/IP tweaking utilty called DRTCP021, written by some guy called Tolunay Orkun, file version 0.21, maybe known as Dr. TCP. Not quite sure. And in that had to change MTU to 1400, then save. Then they got me to do a couple of things in Run/cmd...can't remember exactly, I was typing while on phone so did not get chance to write them down. But all works perfectly fine now. Hopefully all this helps somebody, and if anyone is curious I can call my ISP back and get details of what I typed in cmd, if that helps.

But in closing I want to thank everyone who helped me in my troubles (inc. those who posted their own) and will recommend this site to all my friends and will write in my msn space on the excellent community spirit on this site, it is greatly appreciated. And if any of my problems can assist anyone, I will do my utmost to help, just email me.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
azpaige- Thanks for posting back how you resolved the problem. You never know who you may help down the line! I edited out your email addy because posting it in the open on the forum invites extra spam.
Johanna

azpaige

azpaige

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
True, didn't think of that, thanks.
More than willing to help anyway I can