Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My First Burn Is Out Of Sync :(

• Please log in to reply

Walker

Walker

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I recently bought a new samsung dvd burner and just completed my first burn with Nero. I am running all the latest updates of codecs, programs, and drivers that I could possibly think of. Yet my first burn was way out of sync, and I have no idea why. What do you guys suggest I do? :whistling:

Thanks!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Did you play the file before burning to see if it stays in sync

Walker

Walker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
yes, i watched both dvds full length actually. i have only tried burning the first one, waiting to for a solution before i burn the second one.

Sierra54

Sierra54

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Try using the free program ripit4me. You can easily find it with google. This automatically uses dvd decrypter and vts fix to remove the unreferenced cells that cause the dvd to be out of sync. I've used this to back up alot of my dvd's and it is very easy to use. Hope this helps.

Walker

Walker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
So does anyone know what would cause this? I mean i am still trying to understand why these VOBs play perfectly fine on my computer, and lag like crazy when I burn them onto a DVD.

I am using this "FixVTS" program right now on the files, but I really have no way of telling if it works until I risk another DVD. I'll let you know how that goes, thanks Sierra.

What causes unreferenced cells? When that is the problem, does the video play fine on the pc and laggy on DVDs such as in my case?