Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook e-mail delay in notification

• Please log in to reply

ITChick

ITChick

• Pip
  • 3 posts
New to this so forgive me if i dont do this correctly.
I have an Outlook e-mail issue that i need help with. I am running Outlook 2000 and i'm not immediately notified of new e-mails. I have to leave the inbox and click on calendar or sent items, then back to the inbox. Then, and only then, will new e-mails appear. This has become an issue because i have missed a couple of important e-mails. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? I'm sure it is something simple but i'm missing it.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
In Outlook, click tools, options, mail setup

Is it set to send immediately when connected

Click send receive, is it set to include this group and to check every ?? minutes

ITChick

ITChick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i dont have a "mail setup" tab. I have "mail services" and "mail format". Neither of those give me the option to select what you suggested. Any other suggestions? Just and fyi: i'm running Outlook not Outlook Express. Does that make a difference in you advice?
thanks

jester620

jester620

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
Just to narrow down your options, how is your Outlook configured? Is it configured for "Internet only" or "Corporate or Workgroup."

To check which configuration you have, go to Help > About Microsoft Outlook... The configuration will be listed below Microsoft Outlook 2000 at the top.

Each configuration has options the other doesn't. This will help the staff to narrow down your problem.

ITChick

ITChick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have "Corporate or Workgroup."