Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan Horse BackDoor.Generic3.KRK

• Please log in to reply

rowantree

rowantree

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I had WinPatrol, Spyware Blaster, McAfee Security Center, and Advanced Spyware Remover. My computer was messing up, so I downloaded AVG Free Edition and it found Trojan Horse BackDoor.Generic3.KRK, which it "healed". It's in the "virus vault". Do I leave it here? I went to click on the "wipe objects" button & it immediately asked if I was sure I wanted to remove the virus from the vault. So of course I clicked "no".

All of these programs stick the virus & spyware into quarantine but are you supposed to delete them from there or what do you do with them?

Yesterday AVG found the virus & "healed" it. But today AVG found it again and again "healed" it. I uninstalled Advanced Spyware Remover (according to AVG, this was the source of the trojan horse) and also uninstalled WinPatrol (thanks but no thanks, Scotty).

I downloaded Spyware Doctor & it didn't find any viruses but it did find tracking cookies, some registry stuff. It wouldn't fix any of it on it's own because I need to BUY it before it'll actually FIX any of it, so I just fixed it on my own.

My question is, when these programs quarantine anything, do you delete the items from the quarantine or what are you supposed to do with them from that point?

I get automatic windows updates, have a firewall, but I'm wondering if I should download HiJack This, since it seems to be really popular?

I did try running the Trend Housecall scan. When it's complete, the browser window closes so I don't see the results of the scan. I don't know if this is due to the program itself or because my computer might still have problems.

Thanks!

Edited by rowantree, 22 September 2006 - 10:08 AM.

Advertisements