Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem opening Just Cause game

• Please log in to reply

rajicuk

rajicuk

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I have just bought the PC game Just Cause when I tried to install, it took too long. When I click on Play Just Cause the dialogue box appeared and it says Please insert the original disk instead of a backup (4001)

Thank you

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. So, did it finish installing all the way or no? If not, uninstall what you can and try again.

rajicuk

rajicuk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I installed it, and reinstalled but I still can`t play it because it says it is not original disc. I contacted Eidos about the problem, and they told me that I need to disable temporarily any CD drive emulation software e.g Nero, which I have got, I tried but did not know how to do it. They say that this error occurs when there is a conflict with a copy protection for the program and some disk emulation software installed and active on the system.
:whistling:

rajicuk

rajicuk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I found less painful solution, exchanged PC game for PS2. :whistling: