Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Call me Mr. Unorginized

• Please log in to reply

BS_GodFather

BS_GodFather

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok I admitt it I am unorginized, :whistling: Darned Wife is right :blink:
Heres the deal, I have two computers both running windows xp and of course two sets of disks for it.
Problem is I want to put in a bigger hard drive on one and start with a complete reinstall but I don't know which disk set of Xp to use {I never marked them} Is there a way to tell which set goes with which computer???

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
The easist method is to download Aida32 and install it. It will give you the product key used on the computer. Match that up with the correct cd. A newer key finders is here.

http://www.softpedia...KeyFinder.shtml

I have bought some 10 packs of windows XP OEM cd's and ended up getting the keys mixed up. It did not seem to matter, when i was activating windows, which key i used so i just taped a key tag to each CD.

SRX660