Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What's the point of Spamcop?

• Please log in to reply

Eric Melech

Eric Melech

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I'm not bashing Spamcop or its users, but I get the feeling that it's useless. At least, it hasn't been helping me. Okay, you forward you spam to them and.... then what? I've been forwarding my spam to them for the past four weeks (ALL of it is from the same source* mind you) and so far my spam has not alleviated in the slightest. Is there something I don't know? Something I'm not doing right? I really would like to know what forwarding your junk mail to Spamcop is supposed to accomplish.

* all of it claims to come from WebJuiceMedia

Advertisements

queu0

queu0

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
the point of spam is that it anoys the admins and i think it makest he website slower and its just a waste of time

Eric Melech

Eric Melech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Err... I said SpamCop, not spam in general....

queu0

queu0

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
oh probaly yu know it say SPAMcop

probaly stops spam

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
From this site: http://jhoward.fastm...fm/spamcop.html

Using the SpamCop notification service, users of any email system can easily report any email they receive. SpamCop then analyses the email, works out the likely true sender of the email, looks in the body to find any advertised email addresses or web sites, and then emails the administrators of all the systems involved to let them know about the problem. The SpamCop user is told who the notification will be sent to, and has the opportunity to remove any incorrectly targeted reports from the list. This service ensures that the right people know about abuse of their systems, and can quickly do something about it.

Known spam is added to the blacklist, and used to build the algorithm that can then identify previously unknown spam.

IMO CloudMark is the best anti-spam program. Especially, when used in combination with a server side solution like Spam-Assassin.

Eric Melech

Eric Melech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Well, I only use webmail so programs like SpamAssassin won't help me :tazz:

Using the SpamCop notification service, users of any email system can easily report any email they receive. SpamCop then analyses the email, works out the likely true sender of the email, looks in the body to find any advertised email addresses or web sites, and then emails the administrators of all the systems involved to let them know about the problem.

I wish they'd to that for me! I want to get rid of all this Webjuicemedia crap! Spamcop doesn't help much when the past ten forwards I've sent brings back "your report wasn't found; advertisement not seen in email".