here is the scoop, I think my computer has a virus. My antivirus software does not detect one when i scan it. I use Trend Micro PCilin currently, and use Adaware SE for spyware. Now, i will list what goes on
1. A window frequently pops up, saying it is a real time scan security alert and has detected a virus called ADW_LOOK2ME.Y in any file name having to do with C:\System Volume Information\_restore\... blah blah blah\RP128\A0015788.exe
2. It sometimes says ADW_LOOK2ME.AA
3. Where it says first action, it then says Deny Access
but here is what makes it even more strange
4. This only happens when my computer is IDLE, meaning i could be sitting here working on it, nothing happens with the security alerts; but when i get up to go get a cup of coffee, it would appear because i had not working for as little as a few minutes. When i have been away from the computer for long periods of time, there are several indications of the security alert. When i look at the virus logs, i can see that it happens once every hour, so if i have been away for 3 hours, there are 2-3 instances.
5. It also happens whenever i open up Local Disk (C:), the window pops up and this time the so called infected file is C:\Installer, and if i click on installer, the window pops up again.
6. If my computer has been off, and i turn it back on, there are never any indications of finding a virus.
But here is the other thing
1. My computer has been running as smooth since i got it. It is still running as smooth as before i started getting these messages.
2. There are no signs of any applications screwing up, or any signs of the computer slowing down or losing anything. I could still run many things at the same time and nothing bad ever seems to happen. I do not see any damage.
3. What i am saying is, my computer has been running just fine so far, and it has been happening since June.
So what i want to know is: a) is my computer in trouble? or b) do i have absolutely nothing to worry about?
i know this was an extremely long post and i appreciate anyone taking the time to read this. Any help and/or input will be appreciated. Thank you for your time.