Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't log on

• Please log in to reply

karen58

karen58

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hi, I hope this is where this topic should go, I wasn't sure. Anyway, I tried to start up my laptop-Dell Inspiron, and it won't accept my password. I haven't started it for awhile but that shouldn't have anything to do with it. The box just keeps coming up asking if I forgot my password and nothing will work. Is there anyway to recover this password without getting any 3rd party program? If not, do you have any suggestions on which program is the best to use? :whistling: Thanks, Karen

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Press the power button and keep tapping F8 until you get options, choose safe mode, select the administrator account

karen58

karen58

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Thanks Keith, You've saved me again! Have a good day, Karen. :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know