Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What does "myFTP.exe" do?

• Please log in to reply

Craigster

Craigster

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Am getting a Zone Alarm message that "myFTP.exe" is trying to access the internet. Haven't had that message in the past. Program appears to come from Digital Interactive Systems Corpration. What does "myFTP.exe" do? Thanks

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
did you recently download or install a new game

Craigster

Craigster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No new games installed. Only recent change was to remove Norton Internet Security that came with the PC (free trial ended) and install the Norton antivirus program that I was using on my old computer.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Craigster...

Chances are good that this is a worm... :whistling:

Please go to the Malware Forum and follow the instructions found there.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself...then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum. Be patient, the Malware Forum is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual. DO NOT REPLY TO OR BUMP YOUR OWN LOG. If it shows a reply it may be overlooked as one that is being worked on.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

wannabe1

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
ftp. exe is a needed process

on the other hand in your case i dont really the the word my in front of it

myFtp.exe its kinda suspicious

we will put that aside for the time being and get a little history here

so how old is your computer mine is a year old and came loaded with games but i never activate them

are there online games in your add n remove programs

if so someone may have played one now it wants to connect

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you dont want this process to continue we can disable it

1-- we do it through sevices if it shows there----

start....run....type in. services.msc click ok

scroll until you find myftp.exe click on it and on the right in blue you have a choice to stop or restart service click stop

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2--start...run...msconfig..ok-- look under start-up tab look for something quite simillar to this Digital Interactive Systems Corpration it probably written in short form

if you see it then take check mark out of it

click apply ok if its there and reboot

if it doesnt show there then try services tab and do the same concept as in start-up tab

click apply ok if its there and reboot

after you connect see if zone start asking about my Ftp.exe again