Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which is faster - 1.3 or 1.10 ghz? (Please forgive a most likely stupi

• Please log in to reply

zowiemagic

zowiemagic

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi, guys - I'm about to lay down money for a Lite-On DVD burner, but I just discovered in the product description that it requires Windows XP (not a problem) and 1.3 ghz or higher (possible problem). My machine is 1.10 ghz so my initial thought is that it's slower than the required 1.3, or am I wrong? (My sporadic moments of brilliance have never remotely been associated with math.) And if it is indeed slower, does it matter that much? If anyone's interested, the model I'm lusting after is the Lite-On SHM-165H6S.

Any and all help is, as always, vastly appreciated and treasured for life! :whistling:

Laurie

Advertisements

zowiemagic

zowiemagic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Oh yes, one more thing - if, indeed, the Lite-On needs more speed than my system can handle, can anyone recommend a reliable DVD burner that'll be happy with 1.10 ghz?

Thanx!

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
1.3Ghz on its own means nothing as it can correspond to one of at least four different type of actual processors.

All the recommendation is is a guideline, it should burn happily on your system provided you don't go for the maximum speed.

zowiemagic

zowiemagic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I'm sorry - Braindead here forgot to mention what type of computer she has. It's an AMD Athlon XP, if that's any help. So you're saying that as long as I don't max on power, everything should be fine. Thanks! That's very reassuring. :whistling:

Laurie