Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Memory addition to motherboard.

• Please log in to reply

cryanbeep

cryanbeep

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have a Gigabyte P4 Titan Series motherboard.

Model Name : GA-8PE800-L
--------------------------
M/B Rev : 1.1
BIOS Ver : F8
Serial No. :
Purchase Dealer :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VGA Brand : ATi Model : 9600 All-in-Wonder
CPU Brand : Intel Model : P4 Speed : 2.8Ghz
Operation System : Win XP SP : 2
Memory Brand : Samsung Type : DDR
Memory Size : 512 Speed : PC2700 333Mhz

I cannot install anymore ram past the first socket. When I place another stick (Patriot DDR 512MB 2700 Speed 333MHz 184PIN or 256 PC2700 DDR 333MHz) and the computer starts making ticking noises or it stays at the screen where you find out your BIOS Version and at that screen i cannot press DEL to configure anything. So at the moment I can only use the computer with 512Ram and no futher. All the other ram sticks work well in the first slot, but when I move any of them past that slot i get the same problems i noted above. Would you guys know if the problem is the motherboard or memory?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The board's developed an issue with that memory slot. If it was a problem with the memory itself, you'd see every other stick work in the second slot.

Only solution to this is to replace the board, as it'll be a chip on the board itself that's gone.