Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem Booting WIN XP System

• Please log in to reply

tommmy

tommmy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I have a computer that I haven't used for few months. I turned it on and system said that CMOS battery has to be changed or charged. Then I charged it. After that I cannot boot my computer. After I turn it on, the table appears "nvidia geforce2 mx 200 vga bios ram 32mb" and that serial number. I cannot go to any other screen, button combination do not work. What should I do? Where is the problem? Maybe it is BIOS?

THanks so much in advance

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
you should get a new battery any battery not properly charged for long periods of time lose value and quality and doesnt have ability to maintain proper charge

if you think its charged properly take battery out and clean terminals with slightly dab rubbing alcohol swab tips do the same for computer and be sure all contacts points are dry before replacing battery if it works immediately update your computer with microsoft and update antivirus