Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple Operating Systems

• Please log in to reply

theBoar

theBoar

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hello,
I was wondering if someone could explain to me (or direct me to a guide) how I can run multiple operating systems one one pc. On my computer right now I have 2 different hard drives installed. One of them is 100Gb and the second is 80Gb. I use the 100Gb hard drive to save all my data on (music, movies, pics, etc.), and the 80Gb hard drive is where my 'C:' is installed on (on a 25GB partition). My plan was to install a second operating system (Linux) on my computer, and possible a third later on. Is this possible?? Ultimately I would like to be able to choose what OS to run when my computer starts. Can someone please show me a good guide for this. I've tried google'ing it but i find that the instructions are very broad. THANKS

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
What you propose to have is called a "dual boot" system, so type "dual boot" (with quotes) into google, I just did and loads of pages, too many to list here!