Now, for the past half year, I've had my Sony Vaio PCV-L630 connected to the AT&T Yahoo DSL. I built a separate system using an AMD Athlon 2700+ processor, 512MB DDR266 SDRAM, 250GB HDD, 64MB nVidia AGP video, all wrapped in a flimsy Powmax case. The Comcast cable internet is connected to the Powmax system.
Here's what I want to do.
I need to sell my Sony Vaio PCV-L630 because (1) it is a decent system, but it's not fast enough [Intel Pentium III 600MHz, 256MB PC-100 SDRAM, 17GB HDD, 8MB ATI Rage video], and (2) I need the extra cash.
Please note: I am not advertising my computer system on this forum.
* I want to keep my Powmax system.
* I want to install two NIC cards in to the Powmax system
* I want to connect the DSL into one NIC card and I want to connect the cable internet to the other NIC card.
* I want to keep Windows XP Professional on my computer. No Linux or non-Windows OS.
[I'm trying to keep it simple]
* I want to be able to run one browser (i.e. Internet Explorer) to utilize the DSL connection and run a different browser (i.e. Mozilla Firefox) to utilize the cable internet connection.
I know, I know. So many wants. But can this be done?
If anyone knows how, please instruct me as this will be the greatest thing ever since Apple introduced Boot Camp. ;-)