Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stop Error

• Please log in to reply

Alindromes

Alindromes

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I tried the Delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu option and it seems to have fixed it. Everything seems to be running fine now. Is there anything else I need to do at this point?
Thanks for the help!

Edited by Alindromes, 30 September 2006 - 07:08 PM.

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Sorry it took so long to get you going.
I misread the 1st part of that as being an error message not a start up option :whistling:
I would go in and make sure my machine is not set to hibanate.
Also if you like - not needed but I would run a defrag unless you do them on a regular bases.
I would also make sure system restore is turned on and make a fresh restore point.
Cheers
Peterm

cg07

cg07

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi..

Thankfully i found this forum.. i just faced this problem.. and zero knowledge on the troubleshooting.. scared with the word 'DELETE' hehe.. but options 1 helps me.. Thanks a lot.. :)

Amarce

Amarce

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When I first bought this PC and set it up, the first thing it had me to was create two system restore CDs. I used these to format, and to my dismay it fails about 40% of the way through the process, saying "System Restore Environment is Incomplete!" and prompting me to reinsert disc 1. This simply leads to a never-ending cycle.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? My computer didn't come with a Windows XP installation CD. Also, I think that I will lose all the bundled software like my DVD program and such if I am unable to restore the system with these discs. And buying a new copy of Windows XP is impossible. Please help me out if you can.