Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FEAR Issue

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

joybz

joybz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Lol yea, the exact same drive but with burner facility.. il go for that sony one lol.. what do i look for in the optical drives so i know which ones are fast and which ones are slow? i mean i never thought an optical drive could be a bottleneck to be honest?? as i presumed they were all DVD 16x read and presumed they were all the same speed..

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
that is a complicated question. The best thing I can do is direct you to http://club.cdfreaks.com/ as they have a tremendous amount of information.

I didn't look up the review for your dvd drive specifically, but a couple of things to check:

are you using an 80 pin cable? when you go to an 80 pin cable you are able to get udma4 mode transfer (speed/reliablity).

Knight_Wolf

Knight_Wolf

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
well the game works flawlessly on mine with the higest settings with at least 2 applications running in the back ground...is it an original or a pirated copy?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Closing this thread as this was a hw problem resolved by replacing the dvd drive.