Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is my S-Video port broke?

• Please log in to reply

hendaz

hendaz

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Hi, lately I have been trying to link my laptop(dell inspiron 510m) up with my tv but it hasnt worked. My laptop has a 7-pin s-video port but my tv has a 4-pin s-video port. Therefore I have tried to use a 7-pin s-video lead which has a composite connection on the opposite end. I also have a yellow composite lead(which definetly works) which I connected to my tv and the opposite side of the s-video lead. I have auido cables which work fine and I can hear audio but I cant see and anything. I have tried a different s-video cable but this didnt help. I have also tried connecting to another pc monitor via the blue video connector and this worked fine. Does anyone know what is wrong or how to fix it??
:whistling:

Advertisements

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
take a look at this

http://www.svideo.com/compaq1700.html

hope it helps

hendaz

hendaz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
cheers for your time but this doesnt really help.