Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble playing Dvdrip,Axxo and Xvid files

• Please log in to reply

The killer

The killer

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi
when i try to played a riped axxo or a xvid movie, the picture doesnt appear on windows media player 11. It plays the file like an audio file even though its a video file.

I really need help to solve this problem or i will forever be stuck with only being able to hear the movie and not see it on the screen.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I don't have WMP11, but if it supports only the same formats as WMP10, that doesn't include axxo or xvid. You'll need to use a different media player. I just read elsewhere the the 'VLC Media Player' can play just about any video format:
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ Incidentally, your post suggests you might be into pirated movies, in which case I've already gone too far in replying. (probably why no-one else has). I suggest you stick to posting on problems which do not involve such things as movie ripping. We aren't here to help with such things.

Edited by pip22, 24 September 2006 - 02:06 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you can download codecs from http://free-codecs.com/ I typcially recomend klite basic version.