Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP!

• Please log in to reply

DistuRbed?

DistuRbed?

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
ive just finished building a nice gaming rig...

ASUS a8n-sli
AMD 3700+ san diego
A-DATA 512mb ram
asus 7600gt
maxtor 200gb HDD
480w power supply

and when i turn it on all the fans go and the lights turn on for like a second then it stops working
i cant figure out whats wrong
PLEASE HELP

Advertisements

MNOB07

MNOB07

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Check the motherboard manual, there should be LED diagnostic lights or beeps. This can help diagnose the problem.

With that said, it sounds like it could be a PSU problem. If possible replace with a known good PSU. Other than that you can try reseating the RAM in a couple different arrangements and see if you can get any further.

DistuRbed?

DistuRbed?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
thanks but i just found out it was because i didint put the motherbaord standoffs in

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

thanks but i just found out it was because i didint put the motherbaord standoffs in

Count yourself lucky this time round, because forgetting those has been known to short-circuit the board.
Please take more care next time round.