Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yellow triangle trouble :/ popups and non access

• Please log in to reply

pleasehelpmeeeeee

pleasehelpmeeeeee

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hello, i think i manged to get wrid of one type of the popups now on my desktop (p***, online pharmacy etc etc ......) but the curssed yellow triangle by the active icons on my taskbar keeps on every so often popping up and flashing to tell me i have spyware, low net speed, isp are tracking me etc. i cant access windows update or sign into hotmail amognst otherthings but i kind of went a bit mad on hijack this so i dunno if it was me, ive rebooted in safe mode, ran adaware norton antivirus spysweeper spybot search and destrroy, spy subtract and they all cant detect anything :/, ive also done winsockxpfix and cwshredder to no avail, if anyone would be so kind as to try and help me i would be ever so greatfull, here is my hijackthislog :

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 20:08:02, on 23/03/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\S24EvMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\L. Muir\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\helper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\Program Files\InterMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe" /0
O4 - Global Startup: SpySubtract.lnk = C:\Program Files\InterMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\S24EvMon.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
thankyouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Advertisements

pleasehelpmeeeeee

pleasehelpmeeeeee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
whoops, i forgot to state, ive 'tried' using the listed software; a monkey with a little knowlege is a bad thing, i have no previous solid experience of hijackthis etc but have figured out how to use norton and adaware (as any moron can do), i managed to erase some microsoft office with my lack of intelligence so that wont work, if anyone can tell me that 'monkey' messed up everything and to prepare for a full windows reinstall that would be appreciated too, just a bit bewildered that im unable to use adware removeres to remove adware :tazz:, not blaming the software more so my inabilty to prevent or cure such circumstances,

thankyou for your time reading, and hope im not offending to many pro's with my blatent n00bish

thankyouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

pleasehelpmeeeeee

pleasehelpmeeeeee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
if anyone could help ... or say that they dont know what to do either that would be good just to let me know where i stand

thanks!

SterlingFalco

SterlingFalco

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the exact same problem. I tried the steps recommended in the topic listed here:

http://www.geekstogo..._l_-t11212.html

Unfortunately, the directory "RunOnce" doesn't appear to exist in my registry. Is there even a solution for this problem? It's extremely bothersome!

~Boris