Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WinAntiVirus 2006 Pro stuck somewhere on my computer

• Please log in to reply

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Thats great news :whistling:

Thank you for the info for the tool bar we have 0 inof on it but now thanks to you we do :blink:

Your very welcome glad I was able to help

Nice job your log is clean !
How is it running ?
Please use the following suggestion to help prevent reinfection

Download the following program, For keeping crap off your system to begin with
Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted pests. Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox. Restrict the actions of potentially dangerous sites in Internet Explorer.
Download Spyware Blaster

Keep AD-Aware. and Spybot 1.4 handy, Check them for updates prior to running and run them weekly
Same with your Anti Virus,

For an added check run an online virus scan, you can use one of the 2 below,
TrendMicro's HouseCall
ActiveScan

Be sure and give the Temp folders a cleaning out now and then as well, A handy tool to do this
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

Remeber to Check Windows for updates

Reset and Re-enable your System Restore to remove infected files that have been backed up by Windows. The files in System Restore are protected to prevent any programs from changing those files. This is the only way to clean these files: (You will lose all previous restore points which are likely to be infected)1. Turn off System Restore.On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.
2. Restart your computer.

3. Turn ON System Restore.On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
UN-Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.
[/list]System Restore will now be active again.

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read this article by Tony Klien: So how did I get infected in the first place?

Advertisements

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
So far the bugger is gone ... Thank you very much for all the help and great suggestions to keep these things away ... have a great weekend!!

*ps .. I put a link to the geekstogo home page on my personal website and have recommended you greeat folks to the forums that I moderate :whistling:

Edited by Queen Mum, 06 October 2006 - 08:47 AM.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Thanks for the feed back glad to hear everything is working properly :whistling:

*ps .. I put a link to the geekstogo home page on my personal website and have recommended you greeat folks to the forums that I moderate

:blink: