Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disconnect KN 7000 musical keyboard from PC

• Please log in to reply

aggy22

aggy22

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a Kn 7000 musical Keyboard which I attached to my Pc with the cable and software supplied.This was over a year ago.The speakers in the Kn 7000 acted as the speakers for the PC which has XP home with service pack 2.
I needed to detach the keyboard and return to the previous configeration and followed the instructions supplied with the instrument to un install the instrument and the driver.
Following this the PC would not recognise the previous speakers.When I go into device Manager the USB composite device is no longer shown.However in Sound and Games controllers C-Media AC97 device appears with a yellow exclamation mark beside it and appears to be disabled.Also under the "sound and games controllers" appear Panasonic USB midi and MPU-401 Compatible Device which my research indicate may both be linked to the Technics 7000 keyboard(Manufacturer Panasonic).
Could C-media AC97 device be the original speakers?
Ideally I would like to install a headset with microphone instead of the original speakers to take advantage of PC to Pc calls.
I really am quite a novice when it comes to this problem and would appreciate some help in step by step form,so does anyone know what I shoud do next as I don't want to go into it blind and possibly do damage.
Allan Greenwood.

Advertisements

aggy22

aggy22

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well so far no repllies so lets forget about the KN7000 musical keyboard bit.
That bit is history I suppose.The real question is when I check speakers I get the message that no audio devices are connected.Should I remove the yellow exclamation mark and enable the C Media AC97 device to re install the original speakers?
:whistling: