Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random Crashes

• Please log in to reply

Swab the Deck

Swab the Deck

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have been experiencing random system crashes in my comp. basically my computer will randomly restart and go into little fits where it gets to the windows welcome screen then restarts again and again and again and so on and so forth... I have sent my Hard Drive, my CPU, my Ram and my Motherboard back to the makers only to have them send it back saying nothing is wrong. I even bought a new thermal take 500w power supply. the only thing i have not sent back is my GPU.

My BFG 6800 GT OC ambient temp is about 39 degrees Celsius and GPU is about 52

could my GPU possibly be the problem or am i looking at overheating, or any combination of the words GPU or Overheating?

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
It sounds like overheating to me... Have you tried SpeedFan to monitor temps.? http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php ...

Swab the Deck

Swab the Deck

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'll try that. do you think it's my GPU thats hot and causing this or something else?

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Possibly. It's hard to say right now though.