Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

win98se on p4

• Please log in to reply

rddg

rddg

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I'm about to try an install of 98se on a dell deminsion 4400. 1.7ghz.
-All- I want to work is playing d2 or starcraft, only have a 98se disk, and a hacked together patch cd for dhcp and graphics.
Anotherwords, will it work with p4 motherboard enough to run a few games when I want.
Graphics card is a geforce 64mg, it'll work with drivers, just wondering about motherboard and it's chipsets

WINE on linux is to buggy, 5 hours of figuring crap out for every seperate game.

Edited by rddg, 24 September 2006 - 03:28 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Problem with Dells is the boards are unique to them.
The board would have come with XP originally, so there would be no need for 98 drivers for it.

1.7Ghz is a little fast for 98, but it would work - if you can find drivers for the bits inside the case that is, which isn't guaranteed.