Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop Problem(s)

• Please log in to reply

jphagerty

jphagerty

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, my laptop has had problems recently with opening simple applications such as icons on my desktop, and folders in my start menu like My music, or control panel (there are many more). Whenever I try to open these applications or folders, my entire display resets. As in, all the icons dissapear, and processes restart (only for a mere second). They then reboot almost instantly, displaying my normal desktop again. I suspect that this is some kind of virus because I have had some in the past. Right as this problem started, I scanned my laptop with Norton Antivirus, XoftSpy, and Ad-Aware SE Personal, and AVG by Grisoft. I did find a few trojan hijackers, and some infected objects; and I promptly deleted them. Yet this problem continues to persist. One thing to take into consideration is that I need to manually update my antivirus software because my internet connection has been having maintenance. (thus i might not have the most updated virus definitions). I suppose I need to post one of those hijack log things...
Thank you in advance for your time and help...It is greatly appreciated.

Advertisements