Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Favorite Case's of all Time

• Please log in to reply

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Im thinking of upgrading from my current case (XION II) to something nicer. I was thinking of an Acrylic case but im not sure. Can u give some thoughts on using Acrylic cases and also what is ur favorite case of all time. :whistling:

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You probably don't want to hear this. The best case i have had so far is no case at all. I have this huge desk that has large cupboards above and on the back edge of the desktop. I mounted a cutdown case chassis in the cupboard, drilled holes for the cables and such and built the computer right in the desk. Its the quietest computer i have ever had. The only time i hear any niose is when i open the door to put a cdrom in one of the drives. Yes, it was a lot of work but its real fun watching people try to figure out where the computer is. I am now building a new desk with a sliding tray in a desk in place of the usual junk drawer just under the desktop. Cdrom drives will be behind a flip down panel at the front edge of the desk. Want to upgrade the computer? slide it out and have at it. Want to upgrade to a new computer? just change MB and parts and go.

Doesnt tell you much does it. Just thouight i'd throw an idea out for you. I really like the antec cases when i have to break down and build a plain ole computer.

Bartender

Bartender

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
SRX -
All right!! Someone else who's done the "wood PC" thing. My wife thinks I've gone around the bend. I did roughly the same thing. Found an old ATX PC case, carved it down til just the motherboard mounting plate and the frame around the PCI cards was left. Built a roll-out tray inside my home-built cabinet holding up the countertop, and installed everything to the tray. Several trial-and-error modifications later I've got a quiet, cool-running PC that's not hogging desk or floor space.
And, as you mentioned, it's fun to watch people's expressions!!