Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Browser issues

• Please log in to reply

Soulblazer

Soulblazer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,

I have a problem with my web browsers (both firefox and i.e.) not working on my computer after a while. I will start my computer up, and my browsers as well as my instant messenger service work fine. After a while, the browsers quit working, but my instant messenger still works fine. I still shows I am connected to my wireless service as well.

Do you think this is a problem with my wireless router or something else?

Thanks

Advertisements

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
what do you see when you open IE after it stops working?

Soulblazer

Soulblazer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It shows the usual page saying that the page could not be displayed, check your network connections, etc, etc. The progress bar on the bottom doesn't show any progress at all. Its as though it doesn't understand the wireless network anymore after it does it, even though instant messenger still works.

Thanks

Soulblazer

Soulblazer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Anybody have any suggestions?