Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Constant Yahoo! Music Jukebox Script Error

• Please log in to reply

garretbcripe

garretbcripe

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hello all-

If this is in the wrong place, i apologize.

I have been a subscriber to yahoo's music service for about year now, and it's been buggy, to say the least. Recently, after upgrading to the Beta version of the Jukebox, the program loads itself fine, finds peripherals, and appears healthy, but as soon as i attempt to try to login the message -

A fatal exception 0xc000005 has occurred at 0x410092ED (read, 0x410092ED)

A log file is being generated.

- is displayed, and the program closes after hitting the ok button. A restart of the app does the same. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting my ENTIRE library of music, any and every tweak i can think of. Apparently, yahoo offers no support for this app ( if i'm wrong, PLEASE correct me with a link to it) and the only sort of help i've been able to find involves some sort of system scanner? that apparently wont run on my pc... so yahoo will not let me even send a plea for help to it's techs. does anyone know what's causing this? know of a place where i can dl an earlier version of yahoo's music engine? any help would be MOST appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Garret

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
have you gone back to the standard application and not the beta?

Cased

Cased

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Was there ever a resolution found for this error? I'm currently receiving the exact same error. I have a sneaky suspicion it may be a IE7 issue. What version of IE are you running?

garretbcripe

garretbcripe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I ended up doing a full system wipe on my pc and reloading everything. it seemed to fix the script error, but there wasnt anything i figured out to make it work before i reformatted. im pretty sure i was using the newest version of IE, 7? is it? Im a firefox user so im not entirely sure. Hope everything works out for ya!

Garret

Cased

Cased

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going to try and roll back to IE6 and see what happens just for kicks. No way I can do a full reload at this point...

Ed

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ie7 is scheduled to be released this month if you wanted to wait

Cased

Cased

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I've been using the IE7 Beta for the past few months.... it's been working great up until this Yahoo issue. I just finished rolling back to IE6 and the error has stopped occuring and I'm now able to use Yahoo Music Jukebox error free, well at least for the past 20 minutes... but I'm already missing the new functions of IE7!

Cased

Cased

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Just as a quick update for anyone who may find this thread in the future....

I had submitted a case to Yahoo Music and they have confirmed they are aware there is an issue with the
Yahoo Jukebox when IE 7 is installed. They stated that their engineers are currently working on a resolution. If I receive a notice when the fix is being released, I will post that information here.

Davod

Davod

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have had the same problem and this started before IE7. It is very fustrating to say the least. I also have the latest Firefox browser as well. I like the service, but the software is buggy - so I am bummed I am not able to use it since I paid my annual fee! :whistling:

Cased

Cased

• Pip
  • 5 posts
After months of dealing with this fatal error, a fix was finally provided.

After upgrading and installing the latest version of Jukebox and Google Desktop, my Jukebox pains have gone away. It's now working perfect. On a couple of my PC's I just simply upgraded my Google Desktop which worked as well.

Unfortunately I did not have any PC's or laptops that did not have Google Desktop, so I'm not sure if simply updating to the latest Jukebox will resolve everyone else's issues.

http://ymusicblog.com/

Ed