Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Updating Hardware Info. Database" starts at boot

• Please log in to reply

PACMAN

PACMAN

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yes I am a noob but I am having a HUGE problem.

I can't get on my PC!

on Boot , Before anything else loads A message box comes up "Updating Hardware Information Database" It freezes at 0%, I have done CNTRL-ALT-DLT and seen it (Not Responding) I ended the task, and my computer doesn't load up anything else?! How do i fix this? I can axxcess the Safe Mode fine, I've visited the Windows Help & Support and tried to solve it but still no luck, any ideas?? thanks for reading hope there is a soloution to this BTW my OS is Windows ME... :tazz:

Advertisements

couriejegels

couriejegels

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
[quote name='PACMAN' date='Mar 23 2005, 11:36 PM']
hey man try this. try pressing f8 intemitantly at start up and when you get to a dos screen and select the option i think it is "start with the computer with the last best configaration" something to that efectand see if it works

get back if do not know what to do