Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No sound, Sometimes

• Please log in to reply

Richie2006

Richie2006

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, well when i turn my computer on i sometimes have sound (rarely) but usualy, when i turn my computer on, and play a song, or game i have no sound. I have tried the windows trouble shooter... and such.. and eventualy my sound worked, by going into System> Device Manager>Hardware and then going into and disabling the sound device and then reanabling it... now hes the wierd part.. sometimes it works... and sometimes when i disable/enable it tells me i need to restart my PC for changes to take effect.. now when it does this it does not make the sound work.. but the sound works when it doesnt say i need to restart and just disables the device. Anyone have even the slightest idea? maybe i need to reinstall drivers? but im not sure as sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. :whistling:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If you can identify your sound device (which should be identifiable in Device Manager when it's drivers are loaded), it may pay you to visit the manufacturer's website for a newer driver than the one you have.