Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Zipping a /exe

• Please log in to reply

equinox55

equinox55

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Hi i am at school i dled a .exe of googls sceatch up i want to zip it on to a 31/2 floppy cus that is all we ahve at school so how can i do this i tryed win zip unless i am doing somethign wrog please help

soory for the typos i have like 1 min before calls . I also have dail up internet at home the file is 9mb would take 3 hours and when i did let it download it came up as an error when i went to install it thanks bye

Advertisements

Pseudopath

Pseudopath

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Hi davisbaumung,

I think you'll struggle to get that 9MB file compressed and onto the floppy.
Floppies hold upto 1.44MB and winzip often gets compression of less than 50% with executables.
If you have more than one floppy you might be able to split the archive across perhaps 4 or 5 disks but I don't think this feature is available in the evaluation version of WinZip.

Sorry I can't be more help.

- Pseudopath.

Edited by Pseudopath, 25 September 2006 - 02:27 PM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

If you have more than one floppy you might be able to split the archive across perhaps 4 or 5 disks but I don't think this feature is available in the evaluation version of WinZip.

It is available, but just not a very elegant solution. If the computers have CD writers and XP on them, you may have CD writing set up already on it.