Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Problem

• Please log in to reply

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Hey Guys,

I have a really strange problem which started today, a day after installin Sony Acid Pro 6 ( thought that might help..). I can play sounds in windows media player and real player etc. I can also play sounds on embedded wmp's on website (watching music videos etc.) But I can't play sound on MSN messenger (nudge etc) and on certain websites (DesiWest - Try to play sounds - click Listen Now on right menu.. I dont know what the problem is, everything was fine couple of days ago.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Pseudopath

Pseudopath

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Hi Nikul,

Have you tried running the "audio and video setup" from the Tools menu in messenger?
I've had problems with sound on messenger before and that fixed it.

- Pseudopath.

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Tried it and I can even hear the sample music it plays, but no help. Everything else is how it is.

Pseudopath

Pseudopath

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Okay, I had a look at that site you linked to.
The player opens in a seperate IE window not messenger, as long as the IE window can open you should be able to play. If not then you might have security settings that prevent the window from opening.

As for the Messenger playing samples what version have you got installed?

- Pseudopath.

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Ok I fixed the problem. It was that I plugged the speakers into the rear slot instead of the front one, when I switch betwwen headphones and speakers. I guess, desiwest and messenger only use the front speakers. =)

Thanks anywyas.

Pseudopath

Pseudopath

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Ok I fixed the problem. It was that I plugged the speakers into the rear slot instead of the front one, when I switch betwwen headphones and speakers. I guess, desiwest and messenger only use the front speakers. =)

Thanks anywyas.

Hey no worries. Glad it's sorted.

I would suggest you check that you're speaker config is set up right.
I've goosed mine up only to notice weeks later when browsing the Advanced options in Speaker settings.

- Pseudopath.