Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

XP Home won't open!

• Please log in to reply

gtoman

gtoman

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
When I boot up the pc it goes to a login screen displaying a dialog box asking for your user name and password. I enter them and it then says "This sytem could not log you on. Make ssre your user name and domain are correct. Then type your password again."
It wont accept any password. As far as it goes in the choices is Shut down, Restart, Standby, or Hibernate.
What do I need to do to get it to boot into XP Home????
Thanks, Jim

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Try to boot to safe mode (F8 during boot up on most machines) and see if it will let you in to the administrator account, it's not passworded by default. Once in the account try a System Restore ( start /all programs /accessories /system tools / system restore. Follow the prompts).

3hp12

3hp12

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I just recently started having the same problem! In safe mode as well, it asks me to log on with a password and no matter what I try I can't get into windows. What happened?? I've tried searching these forums for similar problems... Help!!