Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

itunes/quicktime

• Please log in to reply

L4L827

L4L827

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey,
I've had itunes installed on my computer for a while and quicktime installed along with it. Everytime there has been a new version, i have installed it and never had any problem. When the new itunes 7 (i think it is) came out, i tried installing it. It said it had to uninstall itunes and quicktime before installing the new version so i continued. At the end, it said there was an error with quicktime and the whole instalation didn't work. I tried to uninstall quicktime on my own so installing the new version would not have to mess with uninstalling before, but it wont work. A thing pops up like it is about to start the uninstall but then goes away without doing anything. Thank you in advance for the help. If you need more information just ask and I will do my best to provide it. I just want to get the new version of itunes/quicktime installed, whether i have to somehow manually uninstall the previous versions manually, then install it.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
itunes 7 is buggy. They just released 7.1 today to address the issues. uninstall your old version and the download and instal the new version.

L4L827

L4L827

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I tried the 7.1 and it still doesn't work. It goes through the install and says there is an error with quicktime when it gets to that part and just stops. I tried to uninstall quicktime but that wont work either. Is there a way to manually uninstall quicktime?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Use the Windows Installer cleanup utility to remove QuickTime
http://support.micro...spx?kbid=290301

install, launch, select quicktime and then remove.

download the stand alone install for quicktime. http://www.apple.com...wnload/win.html
select the second option for the standalone.

L4L827

L4L827

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
This won't work either. I get some kind of error message when trying to start it.