Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Missing dll File Message

• Please log in to reply

keninphila

keninphila

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello! I am a new member in your community. Here is my problem. I am getting the message C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\MetacafeDllDownloader.dll Is Missing whenever I reboot. What is the significance of this file, do I really need it? (Note: I am running Windows ME using Foxfire instead of Internet Explorer since I can't upload Internet Explorer V6). A possible source of the missing dll problem is that I recently ran Max Registry Cleaner Version 4.1 to clean up my registry, perhaps the file was accidentally deleted. I have done a Google search without success in locating the significance of this file. If you need further information, let me know. Thanks.

Advertisements

Pseudopath

Pseudopath

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Hi keninphila,

I'm a little reluctant to start offering advice as there's little information available conerning the file you mentioned. I'd suggest you download Hijackthis, install it into "C:\Program Files\HiJackThis\" and run it.
Post the log in a new thread within the Malware section of this site.

You'll get expert help there.

- Pseudopath.

svevo

svevo

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
My google search finds metacafe.dll is a small command line program that permits the downloading of videos from their web site metacafe.com If you don't want it delete it. You may have picked it up as a Firefox extension or maybe came with an update. good luck