Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BF2 Lag Spikes with Ping Spikes

• Please log in to reply

Vudar

Vudar

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Here is my trouble i play bf2 and i have never gotten lag really at all and a while back i started to get it i can't recall when i think it was after i formatted my computer but at anyrate i will play bf2 and get around 80-90 frames per second and then ill get lag frames will drop to like 20 and it'll stop and catch up to my movements and my ping will jump to 700+ while sometimes getting a connection problem. I tried fixing my page file and i even installed it to my main drive, and i have updated video card drivers and and mobo drivers. I run a 4000+ San Diego AMD64 2.4 ghz, MSI K8N Neo4/SLI mobo, 1 gig pc 3200, and Nvidia 7800 GTOC. I have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse and a friend of mine tells me its that and i have gotten mouse lag but nothin to lag my computer out. If anyone has any ideas on how to help it would be greatly appreciated before i become stupid and format and try starting fresh haha. Also i have flashed my bios in the past couple weeks but i installed the updated latest drivers and i am pretty sure it was lagging before i did that anyways.
Thanks again,
-Vudar

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
have you updated to the latest patch for bf2?

are you playing custom maps or mods?

If you get lag and high ping then you could be experiencing network issues. What server are you playing on?

Vudar

Vudar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It's any server, updated patch, and normal servers. Many people are actually getting the same problem or close to it.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
I wouldn't be suprised if the 1.4 patch had anything to do with it. I don't play normal bf2. I play the mod Point Of Existance 2. It is very tempermental. I tend to get better connectivity in the morning to poe2 servers than I do at this time of day.