Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WINWORD.EXE

• Please log in to reply

bucko

bucko

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I use MS Word 2003 with a Smartype word expander. At least once when I have the expander running the document start scrolling manically and sometimes even just start deleting continuously. Then it freezes and I have to restart. When I pull up the task manager it shows that WINWORD.EXE is running and lookes like it make the CPU run to capacity and then it freezes. I have been told to defrag the drive which I have done but I am still having problems. I have Windows XP and 512 mgs of memory.

I am not even sure what WINWORD.EXE does except drive me crazy. Any ideas on a fix? Thanks! :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Open any Office Application and click help then detect and repair, as long as there is a tick in restore my shortcuts, it is OK.

If you do not have a lot of e-mails in Outlook, you can go add / remove then change and re-install.

bucko

bucko

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
So far it looks like this worked. Thank you! :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank you for letting me know