Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Welcome to Geeks to Go!

• Please log in to reply

gquiche

gquiche

• Pip
  • 2 posts

quick question: why isnt there a secure https website to create an account? when i created this one the message for the password line said be careful this site doesnt have a secure connection information might be compromised.

seems weird for a tech site.....?

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

This forum is currently using fairly old software, so its tricky to create https..

EricaR

EricaR

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Hi, I'm Eric..Just joined the community.. I'm hanging with Windows always and I'm' here to get solutions for the problem I meet randomly when working on Windows and also other necessary helps. It's a great pleasure to be a part of this community.Thank you

Jarrett*500

Jarrett*500

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi, I'm Jarrett ... I'm new. A 75 years young senior citizen. Hope I'm asking in the right area/category?!? 

I need help to regain Administrator privileges. Word changed to "Read Only" + I  Need to Delete/Remove Administrator and Standard User. Chrome/Win10. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank You. 

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Hope nobody minds me interfering here, but I think you need to post your question in another forum, Jarrett - probably the Windows 10 forum. This forum is just for welcoming new members.

Another senior citizen here btw, though I have still got almost a year to go before I get to 70!  :laughing: 

I am sure the experts here will be able to help solve your problem once you have posted it in another forum.

Cheers,

Chris.

buddywiser

buddywiser

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Hi, I'm Jarrett ... I'm new. A 75 years young senior citizen. Hope I'm asking in the right area/category?!? 

I need help to regain Administrator privileges. Word changed to "Read Only" + I  Need to Delete/Remove Administrator and Standard User. Chrome/Win10. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank You. 

Hello, Jarrett. you must be 77yo right now? Am I correct? Your still young, I wish you live longer.

the chemist

the chemist

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Hi guys!

Does g2g still have a best-free-av-software section?

I've not been here for ages, so I don't remember where to look.lol

Thanks in advance.

Ken.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

Hello the chemist,

You can check the AV info link in my sig if you want but fwiw if you are running Windows 8.1, 10 or 11 you already have a perfectly good free AV and Firewall incorporated into Windows and so do not need any third party AV or Firewall.

Dayar24

Dayar24

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi I'm new here.
I need help urgently
I forgot my password on my Dell laptop N5030 with window 10 installed recently

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

Hi I'm new here.
I need help urgently
I forgot my password on my Dell laptop N5030 with window 10 installed recently

• Due to the nature of online help we are not able to verify ownership, and will not be able to help bypass or recover any user passwords, cd keys, license codes, serial numbers, etc.

Advertisements