Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Norton Ghost

• Please log in to reply

Thee Ox

Thee Ox

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi all.
I simply cannot get Ghost to work.
Having problems with boot disk creation - -I cant sem to find where the driver is to make the boot disk.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Thee :whistling:

Advertisements

Thee Ox

Thee Ox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
.............anyone?

pmf65

pmf65

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have Norton System Works Pro 2004 with Ghost included. When I execute the Ghost program I select "Ghost Utilities" , then "Norton Ghost Boot Wizard". I then have several options as to what type of boot disk to create with the correct drivers neeeded. Such as CD\DVD, USB, Firewire, SCSI, etc. and the Ghost Wizard does ALL the work.

I hope this helps. I'm no expert, but I have made numerous Boot Disks that have worked on many different systems with no problems. That is if I select the correct drivers!

Good luck to Thee Ox. :whistling:

GadgetGidget

GadgetGidget

• Pip
  • 3 posts
The Ghost truly is one. I have no clue what good it is doing. Just when I'm trying to back up everything on an external hard drive, DVDs, used PCLinq2 to move files from one computer to another, it would be nice to have Ghost do SOMEthing to help with a back up as well as help when I finish the Recovery. Most of the time I see a pop-up telling me that Ghost can't back up a particular thing. Does anyone know how I can find out what it has done so I can utilize it when putting everything back? I, also, have WinBack-up and can't figure out how to get it to work, either. Any "expert" at a (fee-based) tech support hasn't heard of these! What a waste of a lot of money as well as expectations and time. I guess I'll look for the Ghost Wizard that was mentioned. Thanks for that idea.[font=Fixedsys]

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Heres the best guide on Ghost on the net.

http://ghost.radified.com/

Read it carefully. I used it to learn how to make my own recovery cd's and dvd's. If you really can't seem to get Ghost to work i would try Acronis True Image For $50. Acronis True Image is easy to configure and use.

http://www.acronis.c...ucts/trueimage/

Thee Ox

Thee Ox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thanks all...
Yer the best! :whistling: